Monday, January 9, 2012

1-9-12

The big call came last night... Transfer time!


Hermana Malhue has been called to serve in CAPITOL... her area is Caballito and she is going to be serving with Hermana Smith (don´t know her, but picture looks super cute!) And yes, that means that as for me, I will be staying here in USHUAIA!!!! woo hoo!!! I am really super sad to be loosing Hermana Malhue but................................................(are you all sitting down???)............................................. ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My new comp will be:


Wait for it...

(drum roll...)

(guesses??)



HERMANA GONZALEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yep, you all read that correctly... Hermana Gonzalez, my TRAINER will be joining me here in Ushuaia! Crazy, huh??? I guess that I need to get whipped into shape or something to have my mission mom again! haha. I don´t know what happened up north because she was training again and in the middle of the training, so I am not sure what happened... I know that she was in a trio (still with Hermana Dunn) and so maybe Hermana Dunn is going to finish the training of the new Hermana and Hermana Gonzalez is headed down south to me! haha. I guess that I didn´t learn everything that I needed to! haha. But seriously, I am way excited to be working with her again. She is a super duper missionary and I know that I am going to learn a TON. Hermana Malhue heads out tomorrow night at 7, I will be working with a member who is preparing for her own mission in a month (she will sleep in our apartment and work with me all day Wednesday) and Hermana Gonzalez comes in at 9 Wednesday night. Wow. Didn´t see that one coming, huh? I am excited and nervous all at once... it´s like moving out of the house and your parents are coming to visit you and you want to show them that you have used what they taught you and made something out of the work..........


So ya... that´s the big news!


Other big news......................

Cesar Diaz was baptized on Saturday and confirmed Sunday!!! Woo hoo!!! We ended up with 5 baptisms this transfer... we are so grateful to the Lord for this huge miracle! The baptism was really beautiful and Cesar is so happy. He is going to come to play soccer with the other kids in the branch today and he couldn´t be happier. He is really neat and said that he finally feels that he has a place in the world and that he is in God´s path! wow. He is a great young man (16 years old) and is really growing and progressing and learning. He was an old investigator who came back to church all on his own! Many of their family problems had passed and it was definitely his time. 



I am still loving the mission. I love that we give up the things of the world to get out and serve the Lord. It´s cool, because it´s really how things should be. Yesterday in testimony meeting (we had it this week for the new year) practically everyone in their testimonies said something about how they wished that everyone could have the gospel in their lives... well, what are we doing as members to help our brothers and sisters have this gift? I know that I am just full of challenges recently, but I do want to challenge you to think of a friend that you can share the gospel with. Something simple... invite them to an FHE or something. Start simple. People really are looking for truth. Something that I love to think about is that we are really not teaching anything new... we are helping people remember the plan that the ALREADY accepted in the premortal life. We are proclaiming the everlasting gospel. We are helping our brothers and sisters return to live with our Father in Heaven. I promise you all that if you will pray not only for missionary opportunities, but pray for a name to come to your mind of who you can share the gospel with that the name will come. Then, pray for how you can share the gospel with them and the strength to do so. We were having lunch with a recent convert in our branch when she got a phone call from a friend that she hadn´t talked to in a long while. At the end of the conversation, she invited him to church and told him simply that it was really important in her life and because she loves him, she wants to share. Wow... it was powerful and full of REAL love for this person, and he accepted the invitation!

You are all so great and seriously examples to me! I love you all dearly and you are in my prayers. I am so grateful to have an eternal family and I know that the things that you are doing will qualify you for the Celestial Kingdom... I need to prepare myself to make it there with you all!!!



Love you all, family!!!
Hermana Shelley



Pictures: 1- Hermana Malhue's first EVER pb&j!!
               2- Ceasar Diaz baptism
               3 -A house Kailei says they wish they were brave enough to knock!!
               4 & 5-Ships in Ushuaia
               6-Ushuaia zone





















No comments:

Post a Comment