Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2-28-12

Dearest Family,

YES..................................... Enrique Segundo Cisterna Miran was baptized this Sunday, February 27, 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was such an amazing experience. He is truly one prepared by the Lord. Everything we taught him, he accepted readily and with excitement. For example, when we taught the word of wisdom, he told us that he didn´t know that it was wrong to drink and that same day he threw out all the beer in his house and hasn´t had a drink since. So great! The super awesome thing is that he is Fuegino... (born here) and so he seriously knows EVERYONE and we feel so strongly that he is going to do great things in sharing the gospel with others. It´s so wonderful. The baptismal service was really well attended... practically our whole branch, and it was a really spiritual experience. President and Hermana Gulbrandsen were even there, which was so neat. It is always just an amazing experience to get a front row seat to these miracles from the Lord. I know that He made this happen and we were able to be the instruments in His hands. Wow. So powerful. Hermana Gonzalez and I are just so happy. We know that this is going to be an amazing transfer. 

We had the MOST amazing week! President and Hermana Gulbrandsen were here for 3 full days because of district conference, which is so abnormal. They are usually running in and out and we just get them for 3 hours or less. But we had them 3 DAYS!!! I learned SO much. We have been focusing a lot lately on gaining the Lord´s vision. I am going to stop making excuses. I KNOW that the field is white ALREADY to harvest. It doesn´t matter the area, the people, the size of the branch, etc. What does matter is that we have the vision of the Lord. That we make our will be swallowed up in His. That His will becomes our will. That we CHOOSE to do so because we LOVE him. This idea of vision is so important. Think about it... EVERY important moment has started with a vision. Nephi had a vision that his father had before starting out to the promised land. The First Vision opened this the dispensation of the fullness of times. etc. I could go on and on. Vision is very important. I know that I need to make sure that my vision is completely centered in the work, that I have the vision of the field all ready, right here, right now. There are people just waiting. There are people who are so ready to be baptized. We just have to find them. President talked about how a marvelous work and a wonder is here... we do the WORK and the Lord does the MARVELOUS. I am here to work and work and work, FULLY relying on the guidance of the Spirit. The Lord knows where these people are. We could just go about knocking doors, talking to people in the street, etc. but really, we just have to ask the Lord. And we HAVE to ask for referrals. That is how we are going to have success. The prepared know the prepared. We are working especially with the 555 and recent converts to find new people. So awesome. 

So... how to get this vision? We can follow the example of Nephi in 1 Nephi 11. 

1. Desire to have the vision
2. Believe that you can receive it
3. Reflect (maybe ponder... reflexionar...)
4. ASK
5. Share with others

I LOVE that. We really can have the vision of the Lord. And... what is so great is that Nephi COULD have just listened to his dad, Lehi... the PROPHET: But, by going directly to the source and learning for himself, getting the vision himself, he learned and gained so much more. He had an understanding. He understood. We have to do the same. The Lord wants to give us His vision. We just have to ask. 

Our investigators are doing great! We have EIGHT in church this weekend!!! (between the adult session and the morning general session). AMAZING! I love that things are really picking up as we stop making excuses, catch the vision, and get to work. 

I love the gospel. I love my Savior. I know He lives. I know that this is His TRUE Church! I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father. I know that we have prophets on the earth today. I know that as we live worthily, we will all make it back to live with Heavenly Father as a family. 

I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Shelley


pictures: Enrique's baptism
                Winter has arrived in Ushuaia!









No comments:

Post a Comment