Tuesday, April 3, 2012

4-2-12

Dearest Family,

Well if ever there was a week of MIRACLES, this was the one!!! Not only did Cristina Amarilla get baptized, but also her nephew, Javier!!!!!!! It was an absolute miracle! We had been working with him (9 years old) and Cristina getting here just helped so much! They do everything together, including family scripture study every morning before school!!! LOVE. The baptism was amazing and we had such great support from the branch! We had the first session of conference (amazing) and then the baptism, and then the second session. Talk about spiritually powerful weekend! LOVE! Cristina shared her testimony after the baptism and it was SO powerful. She talked about wanting to be baptized for such a long time, but knew that she had to be here to help Javier. She bore a beautiful testimony of truth and then dedicated herself to the work. WOW! So great. Our branch president was beaming. I love the work! 

And................ has the suspense gotten to you yet??? Are you wondering about transfers????? Well... after 6 amazing months... I have been transferred! 


I will be serving in the Provincia do Buenos Aires in an area called San Ignacio 2... with..................


HERMANA DUNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I can´t believe it either! I have learned that the Lord truly does have a sense of humor! haha. But really, I am SO excited! We only had 2 weeks as companions, and now we will be able to have more time together and I know that I am going to learn a TON from her and I will be able to share the things that I´ve learned! I just think it´s so funny because it is not normal to be with the same comp twice and I have done it twice. haha. But it will be awesome. Hermana Dunn is great and I am really excited to be with her. I know that we will really help each other out. And I have heard really great things about the area. It was a really big Elder area and 3 transfers ago, they split the area and now we share the ward with 2 Elders. It should be a lot of fun. My plane leaves at 9 tonight and I will get to Buenos Aires around midnight. I will go to a capital area to sleep and then make the trip to my new area in the morning. Good times. I am a bit nervous, but excited for the great challenges that await me. We are going to work like crazy, catch the vision of the Lord, and see miracles! I will admit that it is HARD to leave. After 6 months, this has truly become home. But I have received a confirmation of the Lord´s will and I will go and do. We are going to go say goodbye to a few people after this and I think it will be hard, but I will do ok. Hermana Kapp, Hermana Gonzalez´s new comp got in this morning and she is AWESOME! I know that they will be great together and I am excited to hear of the miracles that they will experience. 

Conference was GREAT! We had a few technical difficulties and weren´t able to see the Saturday session, but we were able to get it for Sunday! We watched it in Spanish because we weren´t able to get 2 comps going to be able to watch it in English. I actually really like that though, because I was able to see what our investigators were seeing. I am going to print out the talks we missed and read them on the plane. 

How about the MTC choir??? We saw about 10 min of Saturday afternoon, just long enough to see it. There have never been enough Sisters to have the mixed choir in conference. The ELders always sing in Priesthood. WOW! Talk about amazing! I had such a confirmation that I made the right choice. I know that not all Sisters need to go, but I know that I am where I am supposed to be. I know that I am to serve with all I have and I will give til I drop! 

Our investigators are doing great! I can´t wait to hear of their progress and baptisms. I have seriously changed so much in this last transfer. I was focused before, but now I eat, sleep, and breath the work. I think in Spanish. I dream of my investigators and how to help them at night. Hermana Gonzalez really helped me this transfer to become something much more than I was. I don´t ever want to loose the fire that I feel right now. I want to become a true instrument in the Lord´s hands. I want to do what He would do, say what He would say, and stand for Him at all times. 

Well... I better sign off. Lots to do and we have to be in the airport in 4 hours. There are 3 of us going together, and I am glad cuz my carry on is HEAVY!!! haha. The Elders will have to put it in the overhead for me... I put all my books in it so that my luggage wouldn´t be over weight. haha. 


 

You are all the best! I couldn´t ask for more support. I seriously have the best family EVER! You are all in my prayers and I want you to know that I feel your prayers. Thank you! 


I love you all,
Hermana Shelley



pictures: 1. Baptisim of Cristina and Javier
                2. Family of Cristina and Javier
                3. Branch Presidents family
                4. Barcos familly







No comments:

Post a Comment