Wednesday, June 6, 2012

6-4-12

Dearest Family,

Oh man! What an amazing week we had! First and foremost, Cristina was BAPTIZED and CONFIRMED!!! Wow, what a powerful baptism it was. She was SO happy! At the end, she was invited to bear her testimony and she stood and said that for years, she went to churches looking for the truth, but never felt that she had found it. Then, two angels came to her door and changed her life forever. Then, she said that she had finally found all the answers, in the BOOK OF MORMON! Wow. That was a powerful moment. She was so happy and literally just glowing. It has been a joy seeing how the gospel and atonement of Jesus Christ have truly changed her life and helped her to overcome all of her recent challenges, especially with the divorce. In her confirmation, she was promised that her children would come into the gospel and they would enter the Temple and become an eternal family... I guess we better get to work on her daughters! They are slowly coming around. 

Super awesome is that a bunch of members invited her and her kids over for a lunch after church! We were invited too and it was so neat to see her interacting with the members and enjoying herself. Part of the group was the family Zaracho who have totally become our San Ignacio family, and they have truly taken Cristina and her family in. They are amazing. I don´t know what we would do without such awesome members! Love them! 

As you probably figured out from the subject line, the mold is back and worse than ever... It is all over the walls, the beds, and the closets. We bleached it all and it is airing out while we are out and about and we are going to buy some varnish to go over the beds. We think if we can keep things away from the walls it will help... it´s just so humid and moist... gross. But such is life I guess! haha. We will get through it. 

So neat story to show that the Lord truly works in mysterious ways... the other night, we were riding home and we were behind a car who was going slow over the unpaved road. All of a sudden, he backed up SUPER fast, hitting me pretty hard. I looked down and saw the tire rolling over my foot, but didn´t feel ANYTHING! Wow... what a miracle! The man ran out of his car, apologizing completely, and made sure that I was okay... And completely honestly, I was totally fine! The bike was under the car, so we got it out and started chatting. He, Damian, was really great and super kind. We got his information and he agreed to a return appointment with his family (probably because he was afraid we would sue him... haha) and we went on our way. We went back on Sunday and met the most beautiful family of 5! We had a really powerful lesson, and they are a bit wary since they are SUPER Catholic, but they agreed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. We know that they will get their answer. They are a really neat family and they really did feel the Spirit and invited us back, so we are going to pray a lot that they come around. The Lord works in a mysterious way! 

Well... that´s pretty much it for this week! We are headed out to a district activity, so I have to run, but know that I love you all! I am praying for you always... how is Mackay doing? I will be thinking of you on the 6th with your doctors appointment! Keep your chin up and keep relying on the Lord. I know that His hand is in all that you are doing. He loves you and is very aware of you. You will be back in the field before you know it! 

Note to Hermana G... Okay... Suzette...weird... I love you tons and am so proud of you for all that you did here and are now doing there! Keep your chin up, girlie! I love you TONS and hope you know it! I often think of all the things you taught me... at least once a day I think of and I am grateful for all the things you have done for me! Quick question, how are Enrique, Cristina, and Javier doing??? Love you!!!!

I love the gospel! I love being a missionary and seeing the changes that are taking place in the lives of these great people! I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that They live and that they love us. I know that we are lead today by a prophet of God and that we do not have to worry because we have the guidance of our loving Heavenly Father. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that we can get all of the answers that we need by reading and studying that great book! I know that we can be an eternal family as we do the small and simple things every day that the Lord asks of us! 

Know that I love you all dearly!
Love,
Hermana Shelley

pictures are all of Cristina's baptism






No comments:

Post a Comment