Monday, January 7, 2013

1-7-13

Dearest Family,

This is going to be a short one... we are on a bit of a schedule today! haha. Time is quickly running away from me and there is a lot that I want to do still. 

ROSANA SUAREZ was BAPTIZED and CONFIRMED this weekend! Oh man, it felt so good to see her making these sacred covenants with the Lord. Her kids were so happy. I am just so proud of the Suarez family and all the great things that they are doing. I love them so much and they have become so special to me. Maxi has a countdown to his mission and he studies every day to be able to prepare himself. I think I am going to buy him a Preach my Gospel. He is so great! The girls are really going at their personal progress and the leaders have really taken them it. Rosana´s baptism was really special and the spirit was really strong. I am so proud of her for quitting smoking and experiencing this great conversion. 

Alan was also confirmed on Sunday and it was so great! We went by in the morning to get him and he was already getting ready and he was about to head out. I love when they don´t even need us!

Lucia, Alan´s sister was baptized on Sunday and it was a really great service. Her YW leader, Vanessa has really been working with her and it was great to see so much support from the young women. 

Yes, yesterday was my 18 month mark! I cannot believe it... the time just few right by and now I am entering the end... but I like to think of it as a beginning. It is the beginning of my life as a true disciple of Jesus Christ. It is the beginning of dedicated, consecrated service. It is the beginning of the new me. I bore my testimony yesterday since it was my last fast and testimony meeting as "Hermana Shelley" and it was really hard for me. I just can´t believe that I am getting to the moment where I will be just "Kailei" again... weird, but sort of exciting to think about all the great things that I will be able to do, knowing what I now know. The Lord has been so merciful and really taught me so much. I want to use the gifts that He has given me in these last 18 months to serve Him. In my prayers, I have felt that the Lord has a lot in store for me and that He expects a LOT from me... I am ready to give it!

This week, President called me and sent me to CONGRESO!!! haha. Third time! I don´t have time to write about it, but I know that I had to be there... my work wasn´t quite done, and now I feel at peace. 

Well, family, I have to run. Know that I love you all so much and pray for you. Thank you for your letters. Just putting it out there, that if you have any "last words" for me, this is the week! haha. I love getting the emails! I would also love any advice that you have for me in finishing strong. Please pray for Mauro, Ana, and Nayla. They are the baptisms that we have planned for these coming two weeks and they need all the prayers they can get... especially Mauro. He is such a special young man who is just lost in the knowledge of the world. 

I love this gospel! I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that we are members of HIS church! I know that He payed the price for our sins and our sicknesses, our weaknesses, and our shortcomings, and that through Him, we can do all things. I feel like Ammon. I know that I have not done much in my mission, but I have been an instrument to the miracles of the Lord, and I WILL boast in HIS strength. I cannot say the smallest part of what I feel. Yesterday, my fast was one of pure gratitude for the blessings of these last 18 months. I love my Heavenly Father and am so grateful for every moment that He has given me. I want to thank you all for being there through each of these special moments with me. I feel like you have all met the wonderful people that I have been blessed to know, that you have cried with me in my moments of weakness, rejoiced with me in the experiences of conversion, and laughed with me along the way. We have grown together. We have changed together. May it be the beginning of much to come!

I love you all!
Hermana Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment