Sunday, July 8, 2012

6-26-12

Dearest Family,

Well....... Transfers came.... 

I have been called to TRAIN! Wow... can hardly believe it! It´s the first time that we have received Hermanas in 4 transfers, so I didn´t even think of it as an option. The even BIGGER surprise??? HERMANA DUNN IS TRAINING WITH ME!!! Yep... we got the call, and we have been called as "co-trainers" of sorts. FUN! We have no idea how we are going to put another Sister in our tiny house, but we are hoping that they will at least bring us a mattress today so that we have places to sleep! haha. We are SO excited that we get to stay together but still get a breath of fresh air (we really did need something new here... we were starting to get into a bit of a slump). We don´t know how long it will last... we heard today that we are waiting for 28 missionaries who are all waiting for visas in the States, so we figure that maybe we will be split up if they ever get here... lots have been waiting for a very long time. Something funny is going on... we haven´t gotten North Americans for a long time, The Argentines here can´t buy dollars and it´s really hard to travel to the states... we aren´t sure, but we hope that they get it all worked out ASAP. For now, we are really happy to be here doing our thing and seeing the miracles of the Lord every day. I am humbled to think of training and honestly a bit nervous, but I know that it will prove to be a great blessing and that she will teach me much more than I can ever teach her. We will go to pick her up in the mission home tomorrow. FUN! Hermana Dunn is so awesome and my weaknesses are truly her strengths, so we will make a good pair, we think. Good times in the mission! Also, we are pretty positive that she is a Latin, so that will help that Spanish won´t be a problem. We are really excited. We spent most of the day preparing for her to come... our house is so small, so we had to figure things out so that she will have some shelf space, a place to put her clothes (we still don´t know how that one is going to work), desk space, etc. We start out the mission being trained together and now we are training together! We figure we have a life work to do together. LOVE!

Now.... first things first... 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jenny and Scott are engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am SO happy for you both! Seriously, we are talking best couple EVER! And Jenny, don´t you even worry! I completely understand! There is no reason to wait til January... I will be honest, I am sad that I won´t be there, but my JOY is way bigger that you are GETTING MARRIED!!!! I have seriously been talking about it all week ( I figured it was okay to tell Hermana Dunn since we are at the other end of the world... haha). I would be doing exercises in the morning and just burst out MY BEST FRIEND IS GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I really do want EVERY detail if you find the time... dress, ring, flowers, food, etc. Pictures are appreciated! haha. But seriously, just enjoy! Don´t worry if you don´t have time to send info or pics. I am sure it will be crazy. Let me know your colors, and I will put a skirt on and act like I am there to be photo shopped it :) Just kidding... kind of! 

Also.... SHAWNA AND LANDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man! I love getting two bits of such happy news! Engagements are so much fun! I really liked this week´s news much better than last week. haha. 


Well... let´s see if I even remember anything that happened this week!

Cristina is doing so great! She is already on page 50 of the Book of Mormon and really loving every bit. Her daughter, Malena is reading as well and liking it. She is a bit of a rebel and doesn´t quite want to commit to more than that, but she will come around. We are praying for her! 

Looks like we are going to have a marriage here in Argentina as well! Enrique and Marina are really progressing and understand the importance of following the Savior and being baptized! They officially accepted being married and we will go tomorrow we hope to sacar turno... it might be tricky with picking up our new sister to make it to sacar the turno, but we will try. 

We are finding more new investigators, which is great! We have been really blessed with that, so things should really start picking up here. We are determined to keep finding new investigators each week so that we don´t have another slump. It is important to always find, even when we have many progressing investigators. If not, we will not continue having success. 

Sorry that my email last week was a bit of a downer. I really don´t know why, but I was just frustrated. I felt like no one wanted what we were offering! That we were working so hard and doing all the small things and seeing minimal results. Needless to say, I was truly humbled! The Lord chastened me, but it was very needed chastening. I am glad that I received it and now I am recognizing more the hand of the Lord and that He is truly giving us miracles every single day. Please pray that we will find men and families who will truly progress in the gospel. We really need progressing investigators ASAP! 

Since we were afraid that Hermana Dunn was going to leave, the Barroso family through her a little birthday party last week! The girls were so cute and planned it all out and got little gifts and even made a cake. They invited their family and friends to come to a lesson as part of it too! So cute! Hermana Dunn will turn 22 this Wednesday, but we already had a little celebration. Looks like we will have to just have another one. Oh darn! haha. 

Well, the work moves on! We are doing great and are really happy. We are excited for this new adventure of training and we know that she will be teaching us far more than we will ever teach her. We know that The Lord expects a lot for this area, and we will work hard to bring to pass His will and His vision. 

I love you all so much! Please know that I pray for you daily. I feel your prayers as well. I know that this is the Lord´s work and that He is at the head of this true church. I know that we are lead by a prophet of God. I know that the Temple is the house of the Lord and that we can be an eternal family. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I LOVE it! I know that it is the word of God. I am so happy to have read it in this quick time and look forward to finishing it again this Saturday. What a beautiful experience to really come to know my Savior better. 

I love you all!
Love,
Hermana Shelley


pictures are of Hermana Dunn's birthday







No comments:

Post a Comment