Tuesday, October 9, 2012

10-8-12

Dear Family,

This will be a quick one... I have been really sick and I am doing well to be upright at the computer. I am much better now but want to get home and sleep one more hour before going out to work. My fever broke, so I am just about better. Vomiting has almost stopped, so I am happy about that. No biggie. Don`t worry. 

Before I forget:
I got my tooth fixed. It was exactly what I thought it was. A filling had come out and taken a bit of the tooth. I caught it early, so they could just refill it and not have to do a root canal. It was 350 pesos, which is about $80. That covered the visit, Xrays to make sure I didn`t need a root canal, and the new filling. I am feeling much better. Sorry about the money.


How about conference? It was FANTASTIC!!! We got to the first session about 15 min late because we were waiting for our Peruvian family. So we missed President Monson. When Elder Cook talked about the historic change in missionary service, we were really antzy to know what it was. Then, Elder Nelson talked about it in detail and my jaw dropped! I have been expecting the 18 year old change for YM because I know that they have been doing it in various countries. But 19 for the Young Women?!?!?!?! WOW! What a change! I am so excited for both young men and women. I really feel that the Lord needs more missionaries and this is going to make the difference. At first I was a bit bummed... I would have LOVED to have left on my mission at 19, but then I realized that I need to be right here, right now, with these people, these companions, and this mission President. All in the Lord´s timing. But man, I don`t know what it is like there, but just about every young woman here has decided to serve a mission now that they can do it right out of high school. I feel that we are going to see a HUGE increase in Sister Missionaries. 

Loved conference! I loved the theme of life long discipleship. That is so true. The Lord has called us and He wants us forever. It is so true that it is all about service. We have to forget ourselves and serve others and then everything works out okay. I loved all of the talks and have set some good goals to improve. Much to do. Much to change. 

Temple in Tucson!!!!! So happy! I also didn`t get to hear that, but Elder Abaroa told me (we are in the same zone again). So neat. We will soon have 6 Temples in Arizona. Wow. What a blessing. 

Sorry so short. I need to get going. I love you all so much. I love this gospel. I know it is true. I know that as we will listen to and head the words of the prophets that we will be greatly blessed. May we study and really apply their words. 

Couple last things... 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELDER SHELLEY!!! I can`t believe that I am going to have a 20 year old brother... that makes me feel OLD. haha. I really hope that you have a wonderful day and that you are enjoying the work. Keep working diligently and you will see the miracles. I am so proud of you. 

Jenny and Scott!!! I am so so so so happy for you! I can`t believe how quickly the big day came! I got the announcement! It is so cute. Thank you for thinking of me. You are both so great. 

Grandma, glad you could use my car! It needs to be used. 

I love you all dearly. The Church is true. We are lead by living prophets. Jesus Christ is the head of the Church. 

All my Love,
Hermana Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment