Monday, December 17, 2012

12-17-12

Dearest Family,

I am so very happy! It just hit me today! I just love being a missionary so much and I love the work and my Savior so much. I am just always happy! Not that I was ever unhappy before... it´s just that I am so so happy. The work is such a joy!

Ok... first off, Skype info. I will be calling on Christmas at 5 PM Argentina time... I think if I remember right, that is 1 PM Arizona time. If it is a little late, don´t worry, because we have to try to get Hermana Salazar set up first. Her family doesn`t have a computer or a house phone, so we are trying to figure out everything with calling cards to a cell phone and if it will connect well. It will work out fine, I am sure. So be there at 1 and if it´s a bit later, don´t start worrying :)

This week was awesome! I visited Vincente Lopez and it was a lot of fun! Hermana Erikson and Hermana Escobar are doing really great things. The area really struggles and has only had 5 baptisms all year. But it has SO much potential. I just felt the Spirit super strongly while we were there. We found 7 new investigators in 2 days and when I called last night to verify the goals that we left, 3 of them had been to church and 2 more couldn´t go but want to next week! All 5 of those have baptismal dates. So awesome! One that we met was Juan, a man who had just moved there from Peru and lives alone. He told us that he has been searching for  a church, but doesn´t like how they all say different things when Christ established one church! WOW! When we taught him about the restoration, he happily accepted a baptismal date! Love it! 

I was reading the other day in Alma 29:14 and thinking about how true it is! I am so very grateful for the success that the Lord has blessed me with, but I am even MORE happy when I hear about Mackay´s great successes. I loved hearing about Marlin, about Tyler, about the new investigators, etc. I pray for you, Elder Shelley, and I pray for your investigators. Love you! I hope that you have a very merry Christmas. 

We are really excited for Christmas. We are going to have a mission activity in the offices next Monday, the 24th (I don´t know if I will have time to write home, so don´t worry if you don´t get an email. We will be going to internet to print President´s letter, but I don´t know how much time we´ll have after the activity... I will try to send a quick Christmas hello). And then that night, we are going to surprise the Suarez family and have a Christmas dinner with them and the Bishop. We are really excited about it and preparing some little gifts and things. Then, on the 25th, we will be eating lunch with a family in our ward and then going around to do visits to all of our investigators, new members, and less actives to take them cookies and sing them a Christmas hymn. We are really looking forward to it! I think that we will really feel the Spirit of Christmas and be able to bless many lives. I love Christmas so much. Not going to lie... it´s hard to feel Christmasy when it is so hot! haha. But I am getting used to it. 

I love you all so much! I love this gospel. May we all reflect on the gifts that we can give to our Savior this Christmas. Our Heavenly Father gave us the greatest gift of His Son. Jesus Christ gave us His life and the opportunity to live with Them again. What will we give them this year? They ask for a broken heart and a contrite spirit. We must give them all. We just have to change. What can we give up or start doing that would make us more fully disciples of Jesus Christ? I know that we all have things to change and improve and that we will be able to as we rely on the Savior and His teachings. 

I LOVE YOU! See you by Skype next week :)
Hermana Shelley

ps:Tell Jenny that I love her and that I am so glad that she had a good time in Disneyland.
Tell Brad that I am really happy for him with the opportunity to student teach.
Tell Ryan good luck with his auditions and sorry that I never write. 
Tell Alison that I am so glad that she will be going to EAC. 
Tell everyone I love them so much and that I am sorry that I never write

pictures:  1. Sisters Dunn, Monticenos, Shelley and Salazar
                 2. 12-12-12 party
                 3. Modeling Sister Dunn's new glasses



























No comments:

Post a Comment