Monday, December 24, 2012

12-24-12

Dearest Family,

I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas! I am so grateful this Christmas for all of you and for all that you do. 

Update on Skype-
I will be calling around 1 and I am SO happy that I will be able to see Mackay. The family that invited us is pretty high tech, so I imagine that they already have the latest version of skype, but if not, I will see what I can do. I am pretty sure that it´s free to update. We are going to get there about 20 min early to get Hermana Salazar all set up and to make sure that skype is good to go. 

I don´t have much time, so I will leave you all with a Christmas thought-

When Nephi received the vision of the tree of life, he asked for the interpretation of the dream. When he was given the interpretation of the fruit, which is the love of God, he is shown the birth of the Savior. I have been meditating sobre this and I was pondering why he was shown the birth of the Savior to represent the love of God. It could have been the resurrection, it could have been the suffering, it could have been the dedicated life of Christ, but no. It was the birth. Then I though of the scripture in Juan 3;16 "For God so LOVED the world, that He gave His only begotten Son." 
Nephi was shown the Savior´s birth to demonstrate the love of God, because there is no greater demonstration of love. God gave us His son, Jesus Christ. He sent Him to the world as a baby to save us all. Imagine, giving up your only son. How hard it must have been. What pain our loving Father in Heaven must have felt, giving up His only begotten Son to save the rest of us. Wow. That is real love. Do we understand that love in a way that will allow us to GIVE that love? Do we feel that love in our every day lives?

Family, I love you all so much! We had the best activity today for Christmas and something that President said is so true. Christmas is about FAMILIES! We have the eternities to be together. We are giving up this one Christmas so that we can hep others have THEIR eternal families. 

Christmas is a time for giving. May we do as President Monson counsels and give the very best of ourselves this Christmas through giving the Lord the gift of obedience, serving others, and forgetting ourselves. There are so many people that we can love and lift. May we all remember the Savior in these days and the whole year. 

"Wise Men Still Seek Him"

May we be wise. 

All my love,
Hermana Shelley

ps:This next part is too funny! You may not know, but Kailei was a blog stalker before she left! She followed Sis Gonzalez (who ended up being her trainer!).

I have a blog stalker!!!!! haha. Best news ever! She sent me a Dear Elder.... she did the same thing i did... got her mission call and google it and found my blog. I feel like I have now gone full circle! 

The best part? She lives in Chandler, so we will be able to be friends! She goes out in Feb, so we will have a month in between. FUN! I feel bad, because with the holidays, the post offices are closed this Monday and next, so I won´t be able to get a letter off to her... 

So maybe you could add this little part to the blog so that she knows that I am so happy that she will be part of the grand mission Buenos Aires Norte and that I will answer all her questions when I get home. But that she should start buying stuff because President Gulbrandsen doesn´t send a letter out before. 

SO FUN! I loved getting her letter... basically awesome! 

Love you all!
Hermana Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment